In this bilingual post we ask someone currently undertaking an Irish course with Aonad na Gaeilge ten short questions to gain an insight into their experience of learning Irish.
Na freagraí thíos curtha ar fáil ag Derek Kenny. Is as Ard na Croise é Derek ó dhúchas.
- An Ghaeilge ar scoil: cuimhní deasa nó a mhalairt? / Irish in your schooldays: good or bad memories? Mixed, poor experience at national school level made secondary school more of a challenge.
2. An rud is mó a thaitníonn leat faoin nGaeilge / What do you most like about Irish? Sense of identity and flow of the language.
3. An cúrsa Gaeilge atá ar siúl agat faoi láthair / Irish course you’re currently undertaking Meánrang 1
4. Do thuairim faoin gcúrsa, m.sh. ar roghnaigh tú an leibhéal ceart an dóigh leat? / Your opinion of the course, e.g. did you choose the right level do you think? Good course. Yes and plan to continue now I have started and beginning to get more comfortable.
5. An dteastaíonn Gaeilge uait don obair? / Do you need Irish for work? No
6. An focal/nath Gaeilge is fearr leat? / Your favourite Irish word/saying? word = seafóid / saying = le chéile go deo
7. An rud is mó a chabhraíonn nó a chabhraigh leat le foghlaim na Gaeilge? / What has most helped you learn Irish? Conversations and new understanding of the grammatical rules
8. An rud is deacra faoi bheith ag foghlaim Gaeilge i do thaithí féin / The most difficult thing about learning Irish in your experience Finding the time and opportunity to practice
9. A ndeir daoine leat nuair a deireann tú go bhfuil cúrsa Gaeilge á dhéanamh agat / How others react when you tell them you’re doing an Irish course Very positive and curious
10. An mbíonn deiseanna agat Gaeilge a úsáid i do shaol laethúil? / Do you have opportunities to use Irish in your daily life? At home in the evenings .. sometimes!
agus ceann amháin sa bhreis! Comhairle don duine atá ag iarraidh Gaeilge a fhoghlaim? / Any advice for budding Irish language learners? coinneáil leis